I imagined this going down differently. The launch is now 5 hours away and I am out of time for a whole list of things I envisioned myself doing. Specifically:
- Sit in the sun to cut the leg glare
- Have my makeup done again
- Decide what to wear
- Try on that thing I decided to wear
- Give up and buy something new to wear
- Send an email to people who subscribed for the sole purpose of hearing about a book launch and now will never make it omg
- Live in a country that is part of the Paris Climate Agreement
- Warn people who are in the book
- Get a fancier carrying case for Turnip the chicken
- Write a blog post about my upcoming book launch
Things I did:
- Marry someone with a cool last name because it will look so great on the cover
- Write a book.
There is a book. We have a gorgeous venue. I will have clothes on.
I’m calling it a win.
Book release party!
Frying Pan Gallery
250 Commercial Street
Wellfleet Harbor, Cape Cod
June 3, 5-8 PM
Books by Susan Blood $15 signed by the author
Prints by Rob Conery $10 signed by the author (includes free download)
Food! Drinks! Books!
Music by Brady Signs
Flowers by GATHER